5 tips for writing an outstanding resume
We know writing your resume can be a difficult task, that’s why we’ve put together this list of tips to help you get started:
- Be sure to include relevant professional experience associated with the position you are applying for. This includes any relevant educational coursework as well!
- Don’t include all experience! Specialize your resume for what you’re applying for. Too much information isn’t always the most helpful to a potential employer, especially when they’re reviewing your resume for a role fit.
- Keep your resume down to 1 or 2 pages maximum. The goal here is to share effectively in a concise manner.
- Make sure to list soft + hard skill sets – basically, what can you actually do? Examples include project management, graphic design, systems development, photography, videography, team leadership, etc. Again, this is helpful to a potential employer as they review you for a specific position.
- Be creative with the format! Times New Roman isn’t the standard anymore. Rather, we want to see your personality shine through your resume! We value creative spins on resume layouts, and new ways of sharing your work experience and abilities. This is a way you can put your best foot forward without doing too much work!
Make sure to contact us if you have any more questions on how to make a great resume!
The Cultivate Team
If you liked this story, you may be interested to hear from other interns too: